John Paul II Hometown
Wadowice, the place where it all began – trip to birthplace of one of the greatest Popes
Discover the history of John Paul II while strolling along streets of Wadowice.
The home town of Karol Wojtyla (later know as John Paul II) is definitely worth knowing. The small, charming town of Wadowice had great influence on Polish Pope – he called it ‘the place where it all began’.
Our tour will begin on Wadowice’s main square where you will see 161 memorial plaque commemorating Pope pilgrimages to more than 100 country. Next we will walk to parish church where he was baptised and the house where he was born (70 minutes tour with guide). During coffee break you will be able to try Wotyla favourite cake ‘kremowka’. On return to Krakow we will stop in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, the town visited several times during his pilgrimages to Wadowice. The place is famous for calvary, i.e. Roman Catholic monastery and the trails of the Passion of Christ modeled on the Calvary outside the city walls of Jerusalem. The tour usually lasts 6 – 7 in total.
|Number of people||2||3||4||5 - 6||7 - 8||more|
|Price per person (PLN)||180||130||100||90||80||Please, contact with us|
|Number of people||Price per person (PLN)|
|5 - 6||90|
|7 - 8||80|
|more||Please, contact with us|
- Pick up from any place in the Krakow
- Car transport in both directions
- English speaking driver
- Professional help in case of any issue (ticket booking)
- Entrance fees and guided tours
The family home of Pope John Paul II – Papal Museum
Types and ticket prices (2016):
– Normal ticket – 18,00 zł (25,00 zł with a guide in a foreign language )
– Reduced ticket – 10,00 zł ( 17,00 zł with a guide in a foreign language )
– Family ticket (max 5 pers. 2 adults + 3 children under 16 years or 1 adult + 4 children under 16 years) – 40,00 zł (50,00 zł with a guide in a foreign language )
– Normal group ticket (from 10 persons) – 15,00 zł (20,00 zł with a guide in a foreign language)
– Group ticket discount (from 10 persons) – 8,00 zł (13.00 zł with a guide in a foreign language)
– children under 7 years free admission
English, Italian, Spanish, German, French speaking guide available.